Monday, 26 May 2014

Bakerbots Baking

Less than a 5 minute walk away from the Ossington subway station and just off Bloor on Delaware Avenue, Bakerbots Baking is, as the name suggests, a baked goods shop. As we were walking toward the bakery, I noticed some people holding a small, palm-sized disposable paper dish containing some substance with a spoon sticking out. I automatically assumed it was tacos or something savory - never did it cross my mind that those treats came from Bakerbots!

The comforting smell of freshly baked cookies was the first to greet us as we set afoot in the bakery. Then my eyes and stomach toook over. I'm such an indecisive person, especially when it comes to food because everything just looks too good, so the 6 choices of cookie, among cupcakes and other desserts resulted in my spending of at least 10 minutes trying to finalize my order. Not to mention, I had to choose from the list of ice cream flavours (from nocciola, banana pudding, earl grey, chocolate, mint, burnt toffee...) for my ice cream sandwich!
Birthday cake, everything, ginger, cocoa, peanut butter, and oatmeal... which cookie to choose??
A pile of oatmeal cookies.
After minutes of tough decision making, I finally settled on the ginger cookie with the nocciola (that's hazelnut) ice cream. Admittedly, I had the help of the bakery worker, who recommended this particular combination of cookie and ice cream. What were you thinking? That I could actually make a decision all by myself? Hahaha.

For $4, this half ice cream sandwich was more than enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. The ginger cookie, which had just the right amount of spice to give a little kick, was crispy just on the edges, but oh-so-chewy on the inside. And the huge portion of nocciola ice cream didn't hurt either :)

So finally I found out what those things I thought were tacos actually were. Ice cream sandwiches trump tacos any day in my books.
Just another angle of my ice cream sandwich in demolition progress :) 
I'd definitely come back to Bakerbots to try other combinations of cookies and ice cream. After all, that seems to be their specialty! If you want a cool treat as the weather warms up in the coming months, Bakerbots is the place to be.

Bakerbots Baking on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment